School uniforms must be purchased at: College Hype, 540 Gallivan Blvd., Dorchester, MA 02124. 671 282 8883
Pre-K, K1 and Kindergarten 2 students will wear gym uniforms every day. The color/logo/requirements must be the same: plain navy blue shorts, skorts or pants, no logo other than school logo and plain gray tee shirt with school logo. Navy blue sweater or sweatshirt with no logo other than school logo. Socks and tights must be white, blue or black. No decorative tights are allowed. Sneakers or soft soled shoe only. NO boots, clogs, flip flops or sandals.
Boys Grades 1 – 6: Navy blue pants, light blue long or short sleeve cotton shirt with logo, a blue, black or brown belt and navy or black plain socks. A navy blue uniform sweater may be worn in the winter.
Girls Grades 1 – 6: Plaid jumper (at or below knee length) light blue blouse with Peter Pan collar, NAVY blue knee socks or tights only. Ankle socks are not allowed. Uniform sweater may be worn in the winter.
Boys and girls may wear the school sweatshirt in lieu of the sweater.
* For the safety of students the school requires a dark color (navy/black/brown), low-heeled shoe with rubber soles. No sneakers or sneaker type shoes may be worn except on physical education days. No clogs, flip-flops, boots or sandals are allowed.
*All blouses and shirts will be tucked in; boys are to wear belts at all times. Girls must wear a belt when wearing shorts or pants.
During the months of September, May and June, girls and boys may wear tailored navy blue shorts instead of slacks or skirts. No gym shorts are allowed and boys and girls must wear a blue, black or brown belt with the shorts. Girls must wear navy blue knee socks with shorts. During the months of January, February and March girls may wear tailored navy blue slacks with a belt. No sweat pants, leggings or yoga style pants are allowed.
Grades 1-6 Gym uniforms will replace the regular uniform on the designated physical education days. The gym uniform is navy blue sweat pants with school logo, (no stripes, designs of any kind other than the Saint Brendan Logo) navy blue long sleeve sweatshirt with the school logo, a short or long sleeve uniform tee shirt with the school logo and sneakers. White socks can be worn on gym days.
*ALL GYM UNIFORMS MUST HAVE SCHOOL LOGO and be purchased from College Hype.
Sneakers are part of the gym uniform. Please be sure they are tied. Please avoid black-soled sneakers. Students not in proper gym attire will not be allowed to participate in gym class and may be subject to disciplinary action.
*No jewelry of any kind is to be worn on physical education day.
DRESS DOWN DAYS
On Dress Down Days, students should dress in a manner that is appropriate for a learning environment. Students must wear clothing that covers their midriff. Shorts and skirts should be fingertip length. Pants cannot be too low on the hips and no underwear should ever be visible. All shirts should have at least a three–inch shoulder strap. Clothes with inappropriate words, symbols or gestures are unacceptable as are any clothes that are pajama like. The principal has the authority to make judgment on a case by case basis about the appropriateness of clothing for a school setting. In some cases, parents may need to bring a change of clothes to school and/or the student may be prohibited from participating in future Dress Down Days.
*Hats of any kind are not permissible on Dress Down Days.
*If girls wear leggings, their back side must be covered by their shirt.
SCHOOL SHOWS (Christmas & Spring Show)
White tops, plain black pants or skirts.
NO LEGGINGS, JEANS, SHORTS OR SNEAKERS ARE ALLOWED.
Hair should be neat, clean, and appropriately styled. No faddish haircuts. Any inappropriate haircut or color will be addressed by the administration. No hair extensions are permitted and a student’s hair should never interfere with his/her vision. Cosmetic glasses worn as an accessory are not allowed.
Makeup, necklaces, or dangling earrings are not to be worn during school or at school functions. Girls only may wear stud earrings – one earring per ear. Boys may not wear earrings. There is no body piercing or tattoos allowed.
Repeated violations of the uniform policy will result in the issuance of demerits by the principal or classroom teacher in grades 1-6. Receipt of three demerits in a month will result in morning detention at 7:30 am. For students in grades Pre K-K2, repeated violations will result in a mandatory meeting with the principal or guidance counselor.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED AT ANY TIME DURING THE SCHOOL DAY:
- Baseball hats – Baseball hats can be worn to and from school but cannot be worn in the school building.
- Boots of any kind (boots worn during inclement weather must be changed once the student enters their classroom).
- Grades 1-6 – Sneakers of any kind are not allowed except on gym days.
- Headbands with anything distracting attached to them., i.e., headbands with ears, pompoms, etc.
- Any type of costume jewelry. i.e., not chokers, dangling necklaces, earrings, bracelets or fake eyeglasses.
- Any article of clothing with ANY LOGO or identifying mark other than the school logo. All socks worn with the school uniform must be plain with no logos. White socks can only be worn on gym days.
- Girls in Grades 1-6 – Yoga pants, leggings, or any type of exercise clothing is not allowed except on dress down days.
- Shoes should not have any logos, decorations, pompoms, clip ons, sparkles, etc. Shoes should be plain dark brown, black or navy. No heels, flip flops, sandals, crocs, etc.
- Umbrellas are not allowed in the school building.
- Students are not permitted to bring cell phones to Saint Brendan School for any reason. If a student uses a cell phone during the school day and or during the after school program, it will be confiscated and returned at the end of the school year.
- Fit Bit/Apple/Gizmos or any type of electronic watches are not allowed to be worn during the school day.